Edith Lalande Patterson

The Baths of Caracalla

c. 1910-1914
The Baths of Caracalla, built for the emperor Caracalla between 212 and 217, were among the many lavish complexes for public bathing constructed in ancient Rome. Roman baths were in use until 537, when invading Goths damaged the aqueducts that supplied their water.
Titre
The Baths of Caracalla
Date
c. 1910-1914
Technique
Estampe
Matériaux
aquatint on heavy wove paper
Dimensions
29.1 x 22.5 cm; plate: 24.1 x 17.4 cm
Nationalité
British; Canadian
Mention de source
Purchased 1914
Numéro d'acquisition
1029